Website besthomeservice Best Home Services
Livin Up To The Name. Since 1980!
Fleet Manager Job Details Near Naples, FL
The Fleet Manager is responsible for the entire life cycle of all vehicles within the company’s fleet, managing acquisition and preparation, repairs & maintenance, and ultimate release/lease termination/disposition. The Fleet manager must be extremely conscientious of the need to deliver constantly improving quality and efficiencies within the overall Fleet Management strategy. The Fleet Manager plays a vital role in executing the company’s driving safety policy, providing a variety of reporting on driver performance and history.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional office environment
- 2+ years’ experience working with vendors, developing and analyzing reports, or optimizing broad use processes required
- 2+ years’ experience managing fleet vehicles strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- This is an in-office role located in Naples, FL, accommodations can be made due to COVID in the short term
- Actively manage fleet volume levels, communicating with Operations and Fleet Leasing providers constantly to ensure levels are in line with hiring and replacement needs
- Manage Vehicle Pipeline Management reporting, keeping accurate, real time data sets on vehicle status, expected deliveries, and supply chain issues
- Ensure repair & maintenance is performed regularly, timely, and cost effectively
- Coordinate and ensure all pre-rollout vehicle preparation is done timely and to company specifications (graphics, shelving, telematics, Truce devices, governors, cameras, etc.)
- Liaise with all Fleet partners, ensuring on time, quality work is being performed; communicating to management immediately when deadlines or quality fails
- Take ownership of all vehicle incident/accident management, ensuring protocols are followed and insurance/repair partners are always up to speed
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting on driver telematic performance, past due vehicle maintenances, recall information, and related safety data
- Ensure all vehicles are properly equipped with current tags, registrations, toll devices, fleet cards, etc.
- Ensure driving lists, MVR reporting, insurance eligibility, and related data processing is performed timely and accurately
- Hold vendors consistently accountable for work or deliveries that are substandard, defective, not to specification, or late
- Proactively and concisely source new vendor relationships that can enhance vendor performance, efficiency, and cost savings
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Ability to make quick, cogent decisions in time sensitive situations
- Highly independent thinking with stellar judgement
- Cost conscious, with an aggressive mentality of on time quality
- Mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn
This position does not supervise personnel.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Occasional work outdoors, around and inside company vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Occasional walking the facility to inspect or verify location of vehicles. Employee should be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and office hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required based on the needs of the organization.
Travel to various worksites, vendors and vehicle locations is required.